July 10, 2022: You can now find slides of all our presentations at international conferences in a dedicated section of this homepage. Navigate to Documentation – Presentations in the main menu
The Open Source “Service Builder’s Edition“ developer tool generates a fully-featured source code tree for your embedded / IIoT project based on a fine-grained model description. Included are database, embedded Linux service and WebUI/API access.
The “Device Builder’s Edition“ developer tool extends the advantages of WhizniumSBE to the world of FPGA's by providing RTL code down to state machine level. A project-specific interface-agnostic library for host system access is generated along.
Above diagram shows the run-time situation of a project developed using both Whiznium tools.
● Numerous applications in industrial automation and robotics.
● Reference projects and code examples for well-known ARM- and Atom-based systems.
● Fine-grained modelling of all aspects from database to web-based HMI and API library.
● Compile-readiness and very clean structure of the generated code.
● Simple intermixing of generated code and manual additions.
● System specific command set with implementations as RTL on one hand, and as host system library on the other hand.
● Analogous code generation for 8-bit MCU’s.
● All time-consuming development tasks which may not be the core features of your high-tech product – Whiznium handles them for you.
● Whiznium knows Embedded: it injects expert knowledge on FPGA’s, databases, secure communications and more into your project.
● And what’s best: all code is in plain sight for your developer team – no closed source libraries are required.
● Your gain is sustained: Whiznium ensures well-structured and clean source code trees for feature-rich applications.
*) based on the FabSight example: 17 person-days of modeling and implementation for FPGA, Embedded and Cloud components. 349000 lines of code of which 4970 are hand-coded to implement the core functionality. Not a single line of manual code for database, communication, API library, …
Starter Kit Available
● Workstation + SiLabs UniversalBee MCU variant based on SiLabs developer kit.
● ARM quad-core (no FPGA) variant based on Toradex i.MX6 board.
● Xilinx Zynq FPGA-SoC variant based on Digilent Arty Z7 board.
● Microchip PolarFire SoC FPGA variant based on Microchip PolarFire SoC Icicle kit.
● Model information (Whiznium input) and source code freely available on GitHub.
● Contact us for details.
Cheat Sheets Available
Experimental Vue.js support
February 28, 2022: We are delighted to announce that all Whiznium applications can now leverage the popular Vue.js front-end framework owing to an enhancement of WhizniumSBE’s model-based code generation. Find instructions and example at https://github.com/mpsitech/The-Whiznium-Documentation
At the request of a customer, we put both Whiznium tools to work and got a cool IIoT project off the ground in record time, from FPGA-based data acquisition to cloud back-end! The FabSight project illustrates nicely why turning to Whiznium for a complex embedded software project instantly pays off…