June 29, 2021: With Microchip offering a whole new silicon implementation of an FPGA-SoC, for the first time combining RISC-V processing cores and low-power FPGA fabric, we couldn’t resist to become early adopters of this exciting technology. See how it went at the Mi-V Summit on July 21/22, 2021. https://www.microchip.com/en-us/about/events/mi-v-virtual-summit-conference
The Open Source “Service Builder’s Edition“ generates a fully-featured source code tree for your embedded / IIoT project based on a fine-grained model description. Included are database, embedded Linux service and WebUI/API access.
● All time-consuming development tasks which may not be the core features of your high-tech product – Whiznium handles them for you.
● Whiznium knows Embedded: it injects expert knowledge on FPGA’s, databases, secure communications and more into your project.
● And what’s best: all code is in plain sight for your developer team – no closed source libraries are required.
● Your gain is sustained: Whiznium ensures well-structured and clean source code trees for feature-rich applications.
*) based on the FabSight example: 17 person-days of modeling and implementation for FPGA, Embedded and Cloud components. 349000 lines of code of which 4970 are hand-coded to implement the core functionality. Not a single line of manual code for database, communication, API library, …
Starter Kit Available
● FPGA option based on Digilent Zynq board.
● Embedded Linux option based on Toradex i.MX6 board.
● Model information (Whiznium input) and source code freely available on GitHub.
● Contact us for details.
Above diagram shows the run-time situation of a project developed using both Whiznium tools.
● Numerous applications in industrial automation and robotics.
● Reference projects and code examples for well-known ARM- and Atom-based systems.
● Fine-grained modelling of all aspects from database to web-based HMI and API library.
● Compile-readiness and very clean structure of the generated code.
● Simple intermixing of generated code and manual additions.
● System specific command set with implementations as RTL on one hand, and as host system library on the other hand.
Cheat Sheets Available
June 22, 2021: MPSI has its origins in helping complex system integration tasks in the Photonics context. As an EPIC member, we are happy to e-meet at this summer’s online event on June 29/30, 2021. https://photonicsplus.com/
At the request of a customer, we put both Whiznium tools to work and got a cool IIoT project off the ground in record time, from FPGA-based data acquisition to cloud back-end! The FabSight project illustrates nicely why turning to Whiznium for a complex embedded software project instantly pays off…